venerdì 1 marzo 2013

Scott Weiland says STP had disagrement over tour offers, talks showing up late to shows



Rolling Stone have published their full interview with former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland. The interview was done on Tuesday night, just hours before Stone Temple Pilots confirmed that they had fired Weiland.

On Slash saying STP fired him: “Oh, no no no. Slash doesn’t know anything about STP. Those guys wanted to get together to talk about touring, but I don’t think touring right now is the best thing. STP has a legacy, and to protect that is very, very important to me. But to go and do the kind of offers that we were getting would be diminishing the brand, and I don’t want to do that. There are offers right now. There are offers that I passed up on. There’s offers that those guys didn’t want as well. There were some hurt egos, but that’s the way it is. Things are like a family. No one’s ever fired anybody in STP.”

“As far as STP is concerned, it’s a partnership. It’s always been that way. It’s not a situation where . . . I started the band. I’m not tooting my own horn in any way. It’s a thing that was started by my old guitar player and Robert [DeLeo], and we’ve always kept things going. We’ve gone and taken time off before. They’ve done their own band. If they do another project, obviously not under the name STP, just like I’m doing my own solo thing right now, that would be great. I’ve always supported them. But no one’s been fired, and I haven’t quit. So that’s all hearsay.”

On his reputation of being difficult to work with: “Yeah, I think it’s kind of unfair. I mean, I’ve been difficult in the past. I think most of that has to do with with, you know, the 1990s . . . that sort of stuff that came from that decade. But it’s difficult. Do I show up onstage late sometimes? That’s something I could definitely work on. I’m human. Is there a person that shows up to work perfectly on time every day? I suppose there’s a perfect attendance award that’s given out to some employees at some place, but . . . it’s something that . . . I think that a majority of it has to do with things from the past. People read things on Google and they have these perceptions, these misconceived perceptions of who you are. At times that hurts, because they really don’t know who I am.”

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento